Apply now – Leadership and Diversity Program for Regulators Scholarship
Scholarship opportunity by A2ii and InsuResilience Global Partnership
The A2ii and the InsuResilience Global Partnership are jointly sponsoring the participation of two senior insurance supervisors and high potential women from their authorities in the Leadership and Diversity Program for Regulators, taught by Women’s World Banking and faculty from Oxford University’s Saïd Business School. The nine-month experience includes ongoing virtual learning and a week-long intensive training at Oxford University’s Saïd Business School’s campus.
Description of the training
This nine-month global program brings together up to 20 senior officials from central banks and other regulatory agencies in developing economies, with 20 high-potential women from their respective institutions. Each senior official will identify a policy initiative to sponsor at his or her institution related to serving the women’s market, and will work with the high-potential woman leader to implement it, while simultaneously supporting her professional development during and after the program. The curriculum will focus on policy development and leadership competencies to support the advancement of the policy initiative.
Objectives of the training
• Strengthen the role that regulators and policymakers can play in creating an environment that promotes the financial inclusion of women
• Build the pipeline of women leaders in regulatory bodies through sponsorship of high potential women leaders
• Development of specific policies to support national financial inclusion strategies that are women-focused
• Build leadership capacity of senior officials and high-potential women leaders
You can find more information about the program here: https://www.womensworldbanking.org/leadership/leadership-and-diversity-for-regulators-program/
The joint A2ii-InsuResilience Global Partnership scholarship will cover the program fee for the nine month Leadership Program, including tuition and course materials for two participants per institution (senior official and high-potential woman leader). Women’s World Banking will cover housing, curricular materials and most meals during the week in Oxford. Participants must cover all travel and incidental expenses such as flights to the UK, ground transportation, visas, insurance and additional meals.
Who is eligible for the joint sponsorship?
To be eligible for the sponsorship, you must be:
• A senior official from the insurance regulatory authority of a V20 country
• Part of the executive/senior management team or lead a regulatory division
• Committed to the development of gender-inclusive policy
• Able to commit to a nine-month long program with multiple virtual and in-person touchpoints
• Proficient in written and spoken English
Selection criteria for the high-potential woman leader are provided on the program website. Note that the senior official will select the women leader after being accepted into the program.
How can you apply?
Please send your completed application form and your motivation letter (max. 1 page in which you also describe the policy initiative to advance women’s access to insurance that you intend to work on) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line: “Scholarship application: Leadership and Diversity Program for Regulators”.
The deadline for scholarship applications is 19th November.